Thomas proclaimed: "My Lord and my God
The Greek reads like this: "The Lord of me and the God of me
Jesus clearly claims to be the "I Am" in John 8:58, which was a name Jehovah used to describe Himself in Exodus 3:14
In Deuteronomy 6:4, we are told that "the LORD our God is ONE LORD." Interestingly, the word "one" here is the Hebrew word "achid", which means "the UNITED one
Isaiah 40:3- "Prepare ye the way of the LORD (YHWH), make straight in the desert a highway for our God"
Zechariah 11:12-13- Here is a prophecy where Jehovah is sold for thirty pieces of silver Yet jesus was sold for 30 pieces in th NT
NT: Matthew,Mark,Luke,John,Acts,Romans,1 Cor,2 Cor,Galatians,Ephesians,Philippians,Colossians,1 Thes,2 Thes,1 Tim,2 Tim,Titus, Philemon,Hebrews,James,1 Peter,2 Peter,1 John,2 John,3 John,Jude Revelation
Who performed the resurrection?
The resurrection is spoken of as the act of all three persons of the Trinity...
1. of God the Father (Ps. 16:10; Acts 2:24; 3:15; Rom. 8:11; Eph. 1:20; Col. 2:12; Heb. 13:20)
2. of Christ himself (John 2:19; 10:18)
3. of the Holy Spirit (1 Peter 3:18) Ac 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Matt. 3:3 and Mark 1:2-3, this "voice of one crying in the wilderness" is identified as John the Baptist, and we know that he prepared the way for Jesus Christ!
Matt 3:16 "After Jesus was baptized, He went up immediately from the water. The heavens suddenly opened for Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming down on Him."
Matt 3:17 "And there came a voice from heaven: This is My beloved Son. I take delight in Him!"
Matt 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Heb 1:8 The Father says the throne goes to Jesus/God.
Jn 1:18 Jesus came from bosom of God
Jesus said: "I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me." John 8:18
John 8:58- Jesus clearly claims to be the "I Am", which was a name Jehovah used to describe Himself in Exodus 3:14 "before Abraham was, I AM."
John 10:29 "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."
John 10:30 "I and the Father are one."
Jesus says in John 14:9 "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?"
John 14:28 "Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I."
(Nevertheless, from eternity past and eternity future, the Lord Jesus Christ is as glorious as God the Father.)
Christ became a curse for us. God the Father was not cursed, and therefore, in that sense, Christ became lower than the Father. We read in John 17:5, that Jesus prayed: "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was."
John 20:28 "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."
2 Cor 13:14 "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen."
In order to be the Messiah, Christ emptied Himself of His glory. He had to take on a human nature and humiliate Himself, and nothing could be worse than identifying Himself with rebellious, sinful man. He had to be laden with the sins of those He came to save.
God says in Galatians 3:13 "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree."
Philippians 2:6-"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God."
Chapter 2, verses 5 to 8
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."
1 Peter 1:2 "according to the foreknowledge of God the Father and set apart by the Spirit for obedience and for the sprinkling with the blood of Jesus Christ. May grace and peace be multiplied to you."
1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." Speaking of Jesus in Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily."
Titus 2:13 "looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ."
Rev 1:4 hair matted and dripping under a crown of thorns
Rev 1:14 eyes like flames of fire
Rev. 1:17-18? We read: "Fear not; I am the First and the Last: I am He that liveth, AND WAS DEAD; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death
EACH PERSON OF THE GODHEAD DESCRIBED
* Eternal: Romans 16:26; Revelation 22:13; Hebrews 9:14
* Holy: Revelation 4:8; 15:4; Acts 3:14; 1 John 2:20
* True: John 7:28; Revelation 3:7
* Omnipresent: Jeremiah 23:24; Ephesians 1:23; Psalms 139:7
* Omnipotent: Genesis 17:1; Revelation 1:8; Romans 15:19; Jeremiah 32:17; Hebrews 1:3; Luke 1:35
* Omniscient: Acts 15:18; John 21:17; 1 Corinthians 2:10,11
* Creator: Genesis 1:1; Colossians 1:16; Job 33:4; Psalms 148:5; John 1:3; Job 26:13
* Sanctifier: Jude 1:1; Hebrews 2:11; 1 Peter 1:2
* Author of all spiritual operations: Hebrews 13:21; Colossians 1:29; 1 Corinthians 12:11
* Source of eternal life: Romans 6:23; John 10:28; Galatians 6:8
* Teacher: Isaiah 54:13; Luke 21:15; John 14:26; Isaiah 48:17; Galatians 1:12; 1 John 2:20
* Raising Christ from the dead: 1 Corinthians 6:14; John 2:19; 1 Peter 3:18
* Inspiring the prophets, &c: Hebrews 1:1; 2 Corinthians 13:3; Mark 13:11
* Supplying ministers to the Church: Jeremiah 3:15; Ephesians 4:11; Acts 20:28; Jeremiah 26:5; Matthew 10:5; Acts 13:2
* Salvation the work of: 2 Thessalonians 2:13,14; Titus 3:4-6; 1 Peter 1:2
* Baptism administered in name of: Matthew 28:19
* Benediction given in name of: 2 Corinthians 13:14